Sheets and Bedding Shop Bamboo sheeting and bed linen is made to be durable, but soft, wearable, washable and affordable.
Bamboo is grown without pesticides. It also grows quickly, requiring no replanting. It absorbs carbon dioxide, releases oxygen into the atmosphere and uses very little water to grow, leaving only a small carbon footprint.
Bamboo is a natural and hypo allergenic fibre which naturally breathes. This keeps you warm in winter and cool in summer.
• Bamboo has anti microbial and its anti bacterial qualities ensuring that body odours are minimised.
• It is machine washable and very easy to care for.
• Bamboo is grown without pesticides. It also grows fast, requiring no replanting. It absorbs carbon dioxide, releases oxygen into the atmosphere and uses very little water to grow, leaving only a small carbon footprint. This is followed through in all of our Coshee range of quilt covers, sillk quilts, and sheet sets.
What are the health and other benefits of using bamboo sheets?
• Bamboo absorbs moisture and unlike many manmade fibres, it will wick perspiration away from your skin.
• Bamboo has great thermal properties ensuring it is warm in winter and cool in summer.
• Bamboo is non-allergic and is ideal for people with sensitive skins.
• Bamboo does not shrink like other fibres, nor pill or lose its colour when washed.
• Bamboo is a renewable easily grown plant that requires little water and no pesticides.
• Bamboo has anti microbial and anti bacterial properties minimizing body odours in people prone to this.
• Bamboo is very cost effective and easy to care for.
• Bamboo bed linen can be washed in the washing machine gentle cycle and in cold water.
Greens News - Hypo Allergenic Bedding
Every year, millions of people struggle to manage the unpleasant physical effects caused by allergies. If you suffer from allergies, then you know how uncomfortable and stressful it can be to get a good night's sleep. One major cause of allergy afflictions can be found in our bedding. Dust mites found in bedding can cause such health problems as difficulties breathing, wheezing, sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, chest congestion, coughing, and stuffy nose. Most people forget that it can come from their quilt cover, sheet set or the materials they are made with.
Dust mites are tiny organisms that make their home in warm and moist fibrous environments such as bedding, carpets, mattresses, and upholstered furniture. When they secrete waste, they dry out and can begin to float in the air. Their excretion will trigger allergic reactions when inhaled. If you are allergic, the reaction will be instant. They are particularly harmful for people who have respiratory conditions such as asthma. If you are continually finding it difficult to sleep, tossing and turning throughout the night, as well as finding yourself waking up with nose and chest congestion, it is likely that you have dust mites in your bedding. Fortunately, allergy sufferers can get relief from allergens by using hypoallergenic bedding.
Hypoallergenic bedding is specially designed to be allergen-resistant. Allergy bedding uses natural occurring hypoallergenic material such as silk. Natural silk is an excellent hypoallergenic material because it does not support dust mites as it has a tighter fabric weave. People who are allergic to dust mites will see their health greatly improve from sleeping in hypoallergenic bedding because it promotes a dust mite free environment. One can purchase various types of allergy bedding that includes: bed sheets, pillow covers, mattress covers and pads, mattresses, and duvet covers. Not only does allergy bedding like allergy pillow protectors (one of the most important since your face rubs against it all night), eliminate dust mites, but it creates a healthier environment by improving breathing and sleep.
When you use manufactured products for bedding, you are more prone to sleep disruptions, breathing problems, headaches, and skin irritations. Chemical sprays from manufactured bedding can releases toxins in the air and can also be absorbed into the skin. Hypoallergenic bedding is chemical-free and made of natural material. As well, using regular manufactured bedding and linens makes it much easier for waste, dust, dead skin cells, and pet dander, to become embedded in the loosely woven fibres. By using hypoallergenic bedding, you will sleep soundly and peacefully knowing that you are not only breathing better, but also improving your own health.
Due to the numerous amounts of harmful pollutants and toxins in the products we use on a daily basis, more people are becoming sensitive to such conditions as allergies and toxin related illnesses. Because we can spend 7 - 8 hours a night in bed, it is important to sleep in a healthy environment. Without a peaceful uninterrupted sleep, people can suffer from irritability, fatigue and concentration. Using hypoallergenic bedding is an important way of improving sleep, reducing allergies, and improving our overall health and well being.
At the end of the day, it's important that you find a good allergy bedding solution in order to improve your overall health and well being! Considering sleep is one of the most important functions of the human body, you really shouldn't take it too lightly if you happen to be suffering from any of the symptoms described in this article.
What is the best way to care for bamboo cotton bed linen?
• Bamboo/cotton bed linen can be used in all seasons. It is very easy to care for.
• A good gentle laundry powder works well on bamboo/cotton bed linen in cold or cool water on a gentle cycle or hand wash.
• Never use bleach on your bamboo/cotton bed linen. Dry normally outside and do not tumble dry.
• Cool iron if necessary but most wrinkles fall out naturally when the bamboo/cotton bed linen is placed back on the bed.
Visit the website for details
The testing and certification system of the Oeko-Tex® Standard
satisfies the many and varied requirements consumers make of modern textile products and at the same time takes into account the complex production conditions in the textile industry.
• Manufacturing textile products of all types that are ecologically harmless for humans.
• Simplifying and accelerating terms of delivery for manufacturers and retailers who wish to offer their customers textile products which pose no risk whatsoever to health.
• A reliable product label for consumers who specifically aim to buy textiles which are harmless to health.
All of our Coshee quilt cover, Silk Quilts, and Sheet sets are made under this label.
The Bamboo fibre is Odour Resistant, Hypoallergenic & UV Protective
Unique, natural anti-bacterial elements in bamboo fibre are known as “bamboo-kun”. It allows bamboo sheeting to be naturally more hygienic and to remain fresher smelling. This, along with the smoothness of the fibre and the absence of chemicals, means that bamboo sheeting is hypoallergenic.
Easy on the Environment & Sustainable
Unlike cotton, Bamboo needs no pesticides, fertilizers or other chemicals to grow. It grows fast, and due to its extensive root network, requires no replanting. Its dense growth resists soil erosion and actually improves soil quality.
It absorbs carbon dioxide and releases oxygen. The bamboo fibre/yarn, used for Sheets and Bedding Shop are grown without the use of chemicals in Wuxi province of China, and is Oeko-Tex 100, Class I certified. Oeko-Tex Standard 100is the internationally accepted standard of testing for harmful substances.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are your products 100% bamboo fibre or is there cotton mixed in?
Our products are 60% natural bamboo and 40% cotton. 60% is enough for all the technical elements to work very strongly. Plus, it just has a better 'feel' or handle in this mix for our Quilt covers and sheet sets.
Are the qualities quoted for bamboo sheeting just marketing hype or are they for real?
In cold weather the cross sectional structure of the fibre traps warm air. In the heat, the nature of the fabric is to keep you cool, it's highly breathable. One theory is that it retains a little more moisture in its microstructure because it's so absorbent, and this stays cooler in the heat. This is pure speculation and there is no way at this time to test it. Bamboo sheeting wicks away moisture a different way to the usual fabrics, by absorbing, then evaporating into the air and as a single layer it performs very well in this regard. There is a lot of talk about the antibacterial side of this fabric. There are results that show that microbes do not breed on the fabric and so as a result over a period of days and even hours they die without breeding much - unlike on cotton, for example. That's why the fabric is considered antibacterial.
Is it ok to wash bamboo sheeting normally? Does it lose its special qualities?
You can wash Bamboo products with everything else just like cotton - warm water, or cold according to regular washing instructions. Our products can also be ironed without any worries. Bamboo/cotton sheets need little detergents due to their anti-bacterial properties which is better for your family.
Does bamboo shrink?
Shrinkage is slightly higher in bamboo material than cotton. We prewash our sheeting prior to manufacture to keep shrinkage at a minimum.
Are your bamboo sheets dyed?
Our sheets are not coloured or dyed and are presented in their natural, neutral colour.
Where is your bamboo grown?
Our bamboo is grown in China. As bamboo becomes more popular we hope other countries will begin to grow bamboo specifically for fabrics.