About Silk Doonas
Visit the website for details
The testing and certification system of the Oeko-Tex® Standard satisfies the many and varied requirements consumers make of modern textile products and at the same time takes into account the complex production conditions in the textile industry. • Manufacturing textile products of all types that are ecologically harmless for humans. • Simplifying and accelerating terms of delivery for manufacturers and retailers who wish to offer their customers textile products which pose no risk whatsoever to health. • A reliable product label for consumers who specifically aim to buy textiles which are harmless to health. All of our Coshee quilt cover, Silk Quilts, and Sheet sets are made under this label.
Winter Weight All year round Silk Quilts
100% AAA Mulberry Silk Quilts mould flat across your bed for a luxurious perfectly smooth finish. Every detail has been thought of to bring you this premium quality masterpiece.
Made from AAA Mulberry silk, a breathable, hypo allergenic natural fibre this lightweight quilt allows your body to breath, keeping you warm throughout the cooler winter nights. Excellent choice for allergy sufferers or those wanting a high end beautiful quality product that will last the test of time.
All Year round weights
Double 400 GSM size 180 x 210
Queen 400 GSM size 210 x 210
King 400 GSM size 245 x 210
Super King 400 GSM size 265 x 210-Perfect for Queen or King beds that want the overhang and fit into all Australian and New Zealand Super King quilt covers.
100% natural cotton waterproof casing of 300 thread count to ensure no accidental spills ruin your quilt. For people who like extra warmth in those very cool regions a summer weight and a winter weight Silk Quilt can be joined together to provide a rating of 3-4 blanket warmth. Alternatively two summer quilts can be tied together. The winter weight Mulberry Silk Doona/Quilt is equivalent to two blankets.
"Summer Weight" Silk Quilt
100% AAA Mulberry Silk Quilts mould flat across your bed for a luxurious perfectly smooth finish. Made from AAA Mulberry silk, a breathable, hypo allergenic natural fibre this lightweight quilt allows your body to breath, keeping you cool throughout summer and warm in winter. An excellent choice for allergy sufferers or those wanting a light weight "healthy" sleeping alternative. These are a perfect choice for those wanting a top line luxurious product.
Super King 215GSM
100% natural cotton waterproof casing of 300 Thread count to ensure no accidental spills ruin your quilt. Great for people with varying body temperatures this quilt allows the sleeper to "cool down" during the warmer months as it "wicks" away the body moisture allowing you to sleep comfortably on hot nights. Summer weight Mulberry Silk Doona/Quilt is equivalent to one blanket.
Care is simple and easy! Just pop the quilt in the open air for half and hour every couple of months, shake and place back on the bed. If needed the quilt can be spot cleaned but too ensure the "waterproofing" is intact. We don't recommend dry cleaning or machine washing unless it is necessary. Your quilt will not mark as quickly as conventional quilts and will stay clean and white for a longer period of time with the Aloe Vera coating.
Mulberry Silk Quilts or Doonas
Mulberry Silk Quilts or Duvets "Control the temperature in your bedroom" with our Mulberry Silk Quilts to complement our Coshee range, we stock 100% mulberry silk quilts and bed booties. The benefits of mulberry silk were discovered in Asia many years ago however the use of this fibre is only just starting to take off in Australia. Mulberry silk is a lightweight and breathable fibre, well known for its ability to heat or cool according to one’s body temperature, making the doona ideal for individuals and couples with varying body temperatures. Mulberry silk is also allergy resistant. Moulds, fungi and dust mites cannot live in it which not only eases the mind, but is also brilliant for those who suffer from allergies, asthma and other hay fever type symptoms. The lightness of the mulberry silk is great for blood circulation. Combine that with a comfortable body temperature this doona makes for a perfect night sleep, leaving you looking and feeling wonderful in the morning. The silk also contains properties that allow the quilt to remain dry, ideal for those who may suffer from skin diseases. Our quilt is made from 100% mulberry silk and also features a 100% natural cotton waterproof casing to ensure no accidental spills ruin the quilt. With its quality guarantee, this quilt will last and last. For the style conscious, a mulberry silk quilt will fold flat across the bed for a perfectly smooth finish. We have quilts available from a double to a super king size and in an all year round weight and summer weight. The summer weight has been made available for people who feel the heat or live in tropical climates plus the two weights can also be clipped together for those of us who really feel the cold. Bed Booties Cold feet are a problem among many and our bed booties are a perfect solution. A quilt for the feet, these are comfortable in bed and are also fantastic around the house.
Eco Friendly Bed Linen & Oeko-Tex Manufacturing Standards
Bamboo Cotton Bed linen is made to be durable, but soft, wearable, washable and affordable. Bamboo is a natural and hypo allergenic fibre which naturally breathes. This keeps you warm in winter and cool in summer.
• Bamboo has anti microbial and its anti bacterial qualities ensuring that body odours are minimised.
• It is machine washable and very easy to care for.
• Bamboo is grown without pesticides. It also grows fast, requiring no replanting. It absorbs carbon dioxide, releases oxygen into the atmosphere and uses very little water to grow, leaving only a small carbon footprint. What are the health and other benefits of using bamboo sheeting?
• Bamboo absorbs moisture and unlike many manmade fibres, it will wick perspiration away from your skin.
• Bamboo has great thermal properties ensuring it is warm in winter and cool in summer.
• Bamboo is non-allergic and is ideal for people with sensitive skins.
• Bamboo does not shrink like other fibres, nor pill or lose its colour when washed.
• Bamboo is a renewable easily grown plant that requires little water and no pesticides.
• Bamboo has anti microbial and anti bacterial properties minimizing body odours in people prone to this.
• Bamboo is very cost effective and easy to care for.
• Bamboo bed linen can be washed in the washing machine gentle cycle and in cold water. What is the best way to care for bamboo cotton bed linen?
• Bamboo/cotton bed linen can be used in all seasons. It is very easy to care for.
• A good gentle laundry powder works well on bamboo/cotton bed linen in cold or cool water on a gentle cycle or hand wash.
• Never use bleach on your bamboo/cotton bed linen. Dry normally outside and do not tumble dry.
• Cool iron if necessary but most wrinkles fall out naturally when the bamboo/cotton bed linen is placed back on the bed.
Oeko-Tex Standards. The testing and certification system of the Oeko-Tex® Standard satisfies the many and varied requirements consumers make of modern textile products and at the same time takes into account the complex production conditions in the textile industry.
• Manufacturing textile products of all types that are ecologically harmless for humans.
• Simplifying and accelerating terms of delivery for manufacturers and retailers who wish to offer their customers textile products which pose no risk whatsoever to health.
• A reliable product label for consumers who specifically aim to buy textiles which are harmless to health.